GiveGloryToGod

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Well this is my first blog post..

Autumn in Wilmington, NC is almost indescribable. I could say, just pick up one of Nicholas Sparks' books and His descriptions are dead on! All you need is a hammock, book and the beautiful aromas, even the sounds of sirens (I live near a hospital) and the occasional dogs barking aren't too bad. 

I plan to write about my journey on this roller coaster that I am currently in the front seat of. This is my story.

In the past 7 months I have packed up all of my belongings, left my job, amazing friends and moved almost 800 miles away from my family for the second time. Nothing I am uncomfortable with, I grew up an Army brat moving all over the beautiful United States of America. But this time was different, I was moving back to take a chance, test my faith and give my marriage another try. 

My husband was coming home from his 2nd tour over seas, this time Afghanistan, I had decided that I truly loved him enough to put the past behind us and trust this man of God that says he loves me with all of his heart and soul.  

For months I prayed and cried to God for direction, obedience, FAITH, understanding, the list goes on and on.  I needed clearance to understand what His plans were for me at that time. I have learned that a 3 week period is enough time to take one week to decide to decide, another week to figure out the decision i need to make and what info I need to make that decision and the final week is putting that decision in place. All words from my current Pastor Mike, PC3, Wilmington, NC. 

So I put my plan in place and went with it. I packed up and moved back to NC. There were so many prayers answered and "signs" if you will, that lead me back to Hampstead, NC and my marriage. I didn't find out till 3 months later that those answered prayers would lead me in a whole different direction than what I expected. 

No comments:

Post a Comment